A turtle in peril A turtle in peril

That Turtle...

He stares into my soul. He knows me.

Song in the Sky Song in the Sky

It's Like Neon Genesis Evangelion meets Crimson Skies.

Picture dieselpunk aircraft dogfighting with a massive terrifying eldritch terror. Very intense. Production values are pretty top notch. Animation style is reminiscent of something like Foster's Home, with motion tweens and a "cut paper" appearance for character design theory, but the tone is much darker. There seems to be deeper story underneath it all. Good luck on the next entry.

Pop Team Epic but it's a Flash from 2005 Pop Team Epic but it's a Flash from 2005

Pop Team Assasin!

As fan of Pop Team Epic, and a lurker since 2005, I can say this short really hit me in all the right places.

I remember Assasin and Joe Cartoon flashes where the gimmick was pressing buttons so that some authors made up OC can stab or punch a celebrity. It was pretty quirky, so something like Pop Team Epic, an anime comedy that's like Eric Andre meets Warioware on steroids, would fit right with the quirky oddball atmosphere that Newgrounds held back when it was dingy backwater site and less politically correct ( the "0" on the Vote Bar now says "Blam this plz" instead of "Blam this piece of Crap!" because we don't want people's feelings hurt apparently).

I kinda wish I made my start back then when standards were low enough.

Twenty Forty Ecchi Twenty Forty Ecchi

Simple Game with a Crude Production.

In this game, you just slide slam matching blocks into each other to form higher number blocks, which you have to match with like blocks to form even higher blocks. The catch is when you move the blocks, you move almost all of them. Things get challenging as you run out of room. Other than that, there's not much.

While this a crude amateur production, the game is at least deep enough to make me think about my next move, and the biggest highlight would the choice of soundtrack.

Please tell me, what track did you use? I just love this music track.

rasp-berry responds:

It's a custom-made track. The game itself is a little crude because I made it for a jam. I think I will polish it up some more.

Snong Snong

Snake Vs. Pong!

The mashup of the last century!

ChooseWisely ChooseWisely

I'm a Universalist!

Are you new at programming? There's not much to this little game decision thing. But, it does work, and I think it's pretty well researched enough. The ven diagram thing is short, to the point and good at allowing people, who believe in the God of the monotheistic Abrahamic canon, to quickly understand what their position is.

Calvinists are kinda fatalistic in their view of God, and fatalism depresses me. But on the plus side, I don't think they have to dwell too much on their beliefs regarding the afterlife, since in their view, God has already decided everything from the get go.

I have a feeling most people are Armenians, since it just sounds like the average belief.

Star Trek-TNG Theme Star Trek-TNG Theme

Star Trek The Next Generation for MS-Dos.

By Apogee Software.

Gunstar Supermix Gunstar Supermix

The Empire Is Attacking The Natives! Save Them!

Gunstar Heroes is my favorite action game. The greatest action game of all time could only be developed by the mighty fine folks over at Treasure. Treasure, the little developer that could, and can, and still thrives today despite being a small number of thirty. Treasure, only they could manage a McDonald's liscenced game just SHY of old school gaming nirvana.

Anyway, I have to say the music in Gunstar Heroes is quite underrated. Seriously, nobody today gives Norio Hanzawa (NON) the credit he deserves! This track(area1) alone is my favorite track out of the whole collection. Nothing gets me more pumped or in the mood to kick arse than this track.

Now considering this remix, it is not as good as the original... But it's pretty creative with its usage of different chip tunes and deconstructive effort non-the-less. I prefer how the original begins with "Da-Donnn!" like bang, and then, how it builds up to the main melody with its intro. This one removes the "Da-Donnn!" bang and gives the build up notes a little more of an ambience effect. Overall, this remix is okay, and I definitely give you thumbs for recognizing genius when you hear it.

DragonCoin responds:

Thats one of the best reviews I've seen in a long time just to say =D.
I agree totally, with what your saying. I mean it'll take alot to beat the original. I just purely did this for fun because it's my hobby.

I might make a more upbeat one with the "dun dun" and upload that in the future.

Thanks for your review =D

Underdog v2 Underdog v2

Now I'll Definately Bet On This Pooch...

This version is definately amped up compared to the original.

The intro was masterfully done by the way. It was expanded upon with much grace and respect to the source material. The intro in the previous version was sped through a little without much emphasis nor recognition and it only lasted 9 secs. This version lasts 17 secs and adds in a little more ambiance for the ominous chanting. In the actual opening, the chanting sounds houndish and silly and leads up to an accordion lead-in. This one on the other hand has a Burtonish/Danny Elfman-esque orchestra touch to it. This makes it seem more like a darker and sophisticated retake on the poorly animated yet charmingly cartoonish funny animal superhero.

I'm sad to say that I rather miss the delicate pizzicato that used to serve as a gentle lead in to "Speed of Lightning..." That's okay though, because the xylophone does perfectly well in its absence.

Now the part we've been waiting for, that part which we discussed in the last review. "Speed of Lightning..." has MOAR power now! Although I still sort of liked the gentle accoustic of the previous installment, the piano chords do a better job of conveying a powerful presence! (Do I hear a "thunder" sound effect? I do! Cool. Just like in the original opening!) This sound and melody paints a vivid picture of Underdog rising from the ashes, and basking in crowning moment of awesome before pummeling his would be destroyers in a wonderful turnabout fashion.

In short, you did a great job. This piece still has more potential to be even greater. It can be considered arguably better than the actual theme song. At least as an alternative revisionment. It is definately 999,000,000 X better than Disney's revisionment.

In fact, I might use this piece someday in a future project if I ever get to it. Because I feel inspired to do a masterful revisionist portrayal of Underdog in a similar fashion to how people revision Batman. You know! With better animation and everything! In fact, I might do this for other poorly animated yet redeemably charming cartoon heroes. Like Birdman, and Space Ghost, and most definately the Herculoids!
Hey, if it worked for Johnny Quest and Secret Squirrel...

Compaq272 responds:

I have clearly said in the author's comments that they are 2 thumb pianos.

H.P. Lovecraft H.P. Lovecraft

Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Digital Eldritch Saga

Alternate pickachu sketch Alternate pickachu sketch

If Naughty Dog came up with Pokemon and not Game Freak.

This seems to be based on Baphomet, the alleged God that the Knight Templars were accused of worshiping before their wrongful trial, as depicted by the 19th century French occultist Éliphas Lévi.

It could be suggested that the word "Baphomet" was a bastardization of "Mohammed," since the Knight Templars were actually allies with the early Hashahshins, despite what the Assassin's creed games tell me.

FaLk responds:

The devil From the Paul foster case deck was actually originally based off Eliphas Levi's Baphomet, and I did the same. . Because baphomet is such an awesome image! Also baphomet and the devil share some similarities in symbolism. However there are a few differences: instead of angel wings, Paul foster case's devil has vampire bat wings. Instead of a flame facing upwards, the devil is holding the flame towards the ground (causing it to burn faster and shorter). Instead of holding his hand up with 3 fingers revealed and 2 concealed (a common symbol of divinity), the devil shows his whole hand. Instead of the pentagram facing up, the pentagram is facing down in the devil card. I see the devil as being baphomet's antithesis.